A Little Bit of Cheek Read more [...]
Playgroups are for families with children under school age which focus on interactive play and socialising, for both the child and parents/carers.
Playgroup is an informal session where mums, dads, grand parents, caregivers, children and babies meet together in a relaxed environment.
Playgroups are set up and run by parents and caregivers, with children choosing from a range of activities:
– Music and singing
– Imaginative play
– Outdoor and free play
– Art and craft activities
In a playgroup, parents & caregivers stay to interact with the other adults & to play with the children.
No child is too young for playgroup. All children from 0-5 years, including babies, love new experiences and benefit from developing sensory, social and communication skills through activities at playgroup.
Children like playgroup because they can:
– Participate in new experiences
– Develop and increase their social skills
– Learn sharing, co-operation and simple routines
– Interact with other adults and children in a safe environment
– Enjoy learning more about their world
– Adults also benefit from playgroup – a time to talk, make friends and share experiences, while children learn through their play experiences.
Adults like playgroup because they can:
– Meet other local families and develop new friendships
– Relax and talk in a friendly environment
– Share experiences and ideas
– Play with children and nurture a spirit of co-operation
Venue: Fairland Hall