Tilda launches new kids range
The rice people, Tilda are doing their bit to help busy mums keep their little ones happy and satisfied during mealtimes. They have just launched a new rice and veggies range – Tilda Kids.
Developed in conjunction with nutritionist Dr. Sarah Schenker the new kids range offers parents a nutritious, quick and easy meal solution that their kids will love. The playful eye-catching packaging also emulates the key characteristics of the range as well as introducing the child-friendly range characters, helping make mealtimes fun for parents and kids.
Designed for children who are weaned and happily eating solids, they can be eaten on their own or as an accompaniment to all their favourites – meat or fish.
The new range caters for fussy eaters while providing 1 of your 5-a- day recommended fruit and vegetable servings. How? Each pouch contains a blend of hidden vegetable puree as well as small pieces to help boost your youngsters vegetable intake! And, the pouches take only 40 seconds to cook in the microwave. I am sold! I just hope my little ones are…
Here are some recipe ideas from Tilli the elephant that should help trick your little ones to eat rice and vegetables:
BEANS MEANS BOATS
Makes 14 boats
- 1 pouch Tilda Kids Cheese & Tomato Rice
- 1 tbsp. sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 pack (160g) chopped flavoured chicken, for example barbeque
- 1 small tin BBQ baked beans (200g)
- 1 pack Taco Trays
- Salt & Pepper
- Grated cheese or cheese strings
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Roughly chop the chicken pieces and add to the oil.
- Heat through for 2-3 minutes
- Add 1 pouch of Tilda Kids Cheese & Tomato Rice and stir in.
- Add the beans and heat thoroughly for 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Follow instructions to heat Taco trays.
- Fill each tray with the beany mix and top with your favourite cheese or shredded cheese strings.
FUNNY FACE FRITTATAS
Makes 24 Frittatas
1 pouch Tilda Kids Sunshine Vegetable Rice
1 small onion, finely chopped, about 50g
50g, cooked broccoli, cut into small pieces
4 tbsps canned Sweetcorn, drained
100g grated cheddar cheese
4 eggs, beaten
A few snipped chives
Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c, 180°c fan or Gas Mark 6
- Empty contents of 1 pouch Tilda Kids Sunshine Vegetable Rice into a large jug and stir in the onion, cooked broccoli, Sweetcorn, cheese and chives.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs together.
- Add the eggs to the rice mix.
- Season well.
- Grease a non-stick 12 hole mini muffin tin
- Use half the mix divide between the 12 holes
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Cook another batch.
TILLI’S FISH PIE
Makes 1 large pie or 3 smaller servings
1 pouch Tilda Kids Sweet Vegetable and Wholegrain Rice
6 frozen fish fingers, chopped into bite sized pieces
1 tub fresh cheese sauce (about 350g)
500g frozen mashed potato
40g cheddar cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°c, 170°c fan or Gas Mark 5
- Mix together the fish fingers, cheese sauce and 1 pouch Tilda Kids Sweet Vegetable and Wholegrain Rice.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish
- Place the mashed potato pellets and 5 tablespoons of water into the microwave and heat on high for 3 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Spread the mashed potato on top of the fish mix and top with grated cheese
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes.
The new Tilda Kids range is available in Woolworths and leading independent retailers with an RRP of $2.35 for a 125g pack.
Visit tilda.com/kids to meet Tilli and friends and learn more